Europe in Crisis – The Rise of the Power of Central and Eastern European Countries?
In cooperation with CIFE (Center International de Formation Européenne), we cordially invite you to our Summer University in Prague on „Europe in crisis – the rise of the power of Central and Eastern European countries?„. The Summer School will be held at our college in September 2023, with lectures from top Czech and foreign experts on Central Europe and the challenges it faces. All lectures will be presented in English.
The CIFE programmes are of short duration (usually a week long) and take place over the summer months in various European countries. Their main objective is to allow students, researchers and young professionals to deepen their knowledge in the fields of European integration and international relations, and to increase their understanding of the problems faced by modern society as a consequence of international developments.
Students can generate 4.5 ECTS Credits (European credits transfer system)
CIFE is a private institution of higher education and research, founded in 1954 with its head office in Nice and branch offices in Berlin, Brussels and Istanbul.. Every year, students from all continents and a great variety of countries enroll in its 4 programmes, which lead to a degree at Master level.
MAIN TOPICS AND LECTURERS:
- THE TRANSATLANTIC LINK: A HISTORY OF AMERICAN TIES TO ECE SINCE THE COLD WAR TO PRESENT – Cameron MUNTER (USA), Senior Fellow of Atlantic Council and Fellow of the CEVRO Institut, former U.S. ambassador to Pakistan and to Serbia, NSC Director in the Clinton and Bush White Houses and served overseas in Warsaw, Prague, and Bonn
- HISTORICAL AND POLITICAL ASPECTS OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC – Prof. Karel B. MÜLLER, professor of political science with specialization in the theory of civil society, democracy, political culture and identities, public sphere, public involvement, and the Europeanization
- IS THE EU’S CENTRE OF POWER MOVING EAST? Perspectives on the new geopolitics of European of integration – Florent MARCIACQ (France), PhD, MSc, MA, Deputy Secretary General, Austro-French Centre for Rapprochement in Europe (Vienna), Co-director, Observatoire des balkans (FJJ, Paris)
- EUROPE´S ENERGY AND GEOPOLITICAL CRISIS: The energy transformation of the EU in response to the war in Ukraine – Georges TZOGOPOULOS (Greece), Associate researcher Begin Sadat Center for Strategic Studies, Lecturer at the Democritus University of Thrace, Programme Director, EU-China Programmes at CIFE
THE ROLE AND POSITION OF MIDDLE EAST IN RELATION TO CRISIS, SPECIALY THE RUSSIAN INVASION IN UKRAINE – Mehiedine EL-CHEHIMI (Lebano), Phd in international law Paris 2 University, legal expert EU Co, consulting and member at strategic intelligence dep. Word Economic Forum
- EUROSCEPTICISM IN CENTRAL EUROPE – Roman JOCH, Director of the Civic Institute in Prague, commentator and lecturer on political philosophy and international relations
- THE VISEGRAD GROUP AND ITS FUTURE – Cyril SVOBODA, Director of the Diplomatic Academy in Prague, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
The price for Czech listeners is CZK 3000 (fee includes lectures and seminars). The price for foreign students is 500 EUR (including accommodation and meals).